Dates: 1996-06-02 - 1996-06-06 9.9 (1 decade 7 years ago)
Where: Flagstaff, AZ, United States Venue: Northern Arizona University
The Natural Philosophy Alliance (NPA) is devoted mainly to broad-ranging, fully open-minded criticism, at the most fundamental levels, of the often irrational and unrealistic doctrines of modern physics and cosmology; and to the ultimate replacement of these doctrines by much sounder ideas developed with full respect for evidence, logic, and objectivity. Such reforms have long been urgently needed; and yet there is no area of scholarship more stubbornly censorial, and more reluctant to reform itself.
This was the fourth, since 1994, in a series of meetings challenging much of contemporary doctrine in physics and astronomy that was held June 2-7, 1996 in Flagstaff, Arizona, in sessions held in conjunction with the annual meeting of the Southwestern and Rocky Mountain (SWARM) Division of the AAAS. These sessions, titled "New Frontiers in Physics and Cosmology" were sponsored by the Natural Philosophy Alliance (NPA), which at the time of this conference had over 100 members from 14 countries.
About 80 papers were read in this NPA program, about 50 in direct connection with the official meeting, and 30 in extra sessions.
Among current theories that these speakers criticized were big bang theory and special relativity theory (SR). Most of the speakers maintain that no evidence cited on behalf of either theory is more than equivocal in meaning, and that often the meanings now taught result from invalid logic and math. The current paradigms may have been chosen for non-scientific motives -- as Thomas Kuhn has shown to occur often throughout the history of science.
New Frontiers I. Philosophy, History, and Reinterpretation (Lee Shimmin, presiding)
- Dr. John E. Chappell Jr, Kuhnian Theory, Relativism in General, and the Need to Respect Logic.
- Neil E. Munch, Imprecise Recognition of Intervals in Relativity Derivations.
- Prof. Ian McCausland, The Solar Eclipse Observations of 1919.
- Dr. Curtis E. Renshaw, The Time Decay and Deflection of a Solar Grazing Photon in Newtonian Space.
- Fred L. Walker, Logic May Avoid Errors in New Cosmological Theories.
- John Kierein, The Stability of the Static Universe with the Compton Effect Red Shift.
- Grote Reber, How the Universe Winds Itself Up.
- Pal R. Molnar, Contradictions in Big Bang Theory.
- Dr. Milo M. Wolff, Worlds and Anti-Worlds Revisited.
- Robert L. Henderson, Gravitational Redshift within a Non-Expanding Universe.
- James Carter, Explaining the Red Shift in a Non-Expanding Universe.
- Dr. Curtis E. Renshaw, Pulsar Timing and the Special Theory of Relativity.
New Frontiers III. The First Postulate of Special Relativity (John Kierein, presiding)
- Dr. Shao-Zhi Xu & Xiang-Qun Xu, On the Principle of Relativity and Form Invariance.
- Prof. Ian McCausland, Dirac on Einstein and Lorentz.
- Dr. Domina Eberle Spencer, Dr. Uma Y. Shama & Dr. Philip J. Mann, Holors, Tensors, and the Mystery of Inertia.
- Lee Shimmin, Are Newton's First Law or the Principle of Relativity Correct at High Speeds?
New Frontiers IV. The Complex Realm of Ether Theory (Dr. John E. Chappell Jr., presiding)
- Steven Rado, Aether Waves and Polarization.
- Fred L. Walker, Evidence of a Dynamic Fluid Space Medium.
- Francisco J. M?ller, Mechanical and Neo-Mechanical Models of the Aether.
- Dr. James DeMeo, Independent Discoveries of a Dynamic Biocosmic Energy in Space.
New Frontiers V. The Electromagnetic Aether: What, How, and Whether (Neil E. Munch, presiding)
- Robert L. Henderson, Why a Universal Medium is Required.
- Dr. James DeMeo, Dayton Miller's Discovery of the Dynamic Aether Drift.
- Steven Rado, Aether Resistance and the Lorentz Transformation.
- Dr. Domina Eberle Spencer & Uma Y. Shama, Sagnac-Type Experiments and the Postulate on the Velocity of Light.
New Frontiers VI. Fields, Photons, and Aether (Ronald R. Hatch, presiding)
- Lee Shimmin, The Exact Nature of Magnetic Fields and Forces.
- Norman Silliman, In Search of a Single Photon.
- Dr. Thomas R. Love, Ethereal Matter.
- Bruce R. Cunningham, A Quantum Ether Theory.
- Bruce R. Cunningham, Ether Unification Theory: the Formation of Original Mass and Particle Forces.
- Dr. Mahmoud A. Melehy, How Detailed Can the Balancing Be at Thermal Equilibrium?
- James Carter, Dark Matter vs. the Equivalence Principle. A Proposed Definitive Experiment to Either Establish or Negate the Existence of Dark Matter.
- Ronald R. Hatch, Clock Retardation and the Speed of Light in a Gravitational Potential.
- Dr. Domina Eberle Spencer, Dr. Uma Y. Shama & Dr. Philip J. Mann, Gaussian Electrodynamics and the Constancy of Mass.
- Dr. John E. Chappell Jr, Dispelling the Apparent Incompatibility between Photon and Aether Theories.
- Francisco J. M?ller, Energy Factors in the Homopolar Generator.
- Dan A. Davidson, Free Energy, Gravity, and the Ether.
- Hal Fox, Four New Discoveries Best Explained by an Energetic Ether.
- John Kontrol & Charles Szabo, Challenging the Contemporary Principles of Quantum Mechanics: the Wave-Particle Duality.
- Norman Silliman, Paradox of Light: Waves versus Photons.
- Dr. Bernardo Gut & Dr. John E. Chappell Jr., Einstein's Light Quantum Hypothesis: Analysis, Implications, and an Alternative.
- Dr. Milo M. Wolff, The Logical Origins of Physical Laws from Cosmology.
- Dr. Thomas R. Love, Towards an Einsteinian Quantum Theory.
- Ronald R. Hatch, A Modified Lorentz Ether and Sherwin's Experiment.
- Dr. Paul Marmet, A Realistic Interpretation of Length Contraction.
- Dr. Shao-Zhi Xu & Xiang-Qun Xu, The Illegitimate Lorentz Transformation.
- Neil E. Munch, Incompatibility of Lorentz Transformations with Michelson-Morley Data.
Session A. Crucial Flaws in Special Relativity: Logic and Simultaneity (Chair: Dr. Paul Marmet)
- Dr. John E. Chappell Jr., Introduction
- Dr. J. C. Edwards, The History of the Kinematic Fallacy in Special Relativity
- Dr. Paul Marmet, Relative Simultaneity?
- Dr. Curtis E. Renshaw, Simultaneity with and without the 2nd Postulate.
- Dr. John E. Chappell Jr., The Evans Critique on Simultaneity.
Session B. More on Cosmology (Chair: Dr. Thomas R. Love)
- Robert S. Fritzius, The Possibility that QSOs are Non-Cosmological in Origin.
- William C. Mitchell, Big Bang Theory under Fire.
Session C. New Experimental Results (Chair: Dr. Domina Eberle Spencer)
- Francisco J. M?ller, The Search for an "Absolute Motion" Generator.
Session D. Aether, Gravity, Inertia, and More (Chair: Ronald R. Hatch)
- Jim Hodges, From Twin Paradox to Aether Theory.
- Lee Shimmin, The Lorentz Theory of Gravity.
- Neil E. Munch, A Non-Lorentzian Aether.
- Jeffrey Lee, Non-Linear Time Motion and the Cause of Gravity.
- David Scott de Hilster, Autodynamics: a Comprehensive Replacement for Special Relativity.
- Dr. Robert S. Neiswander, The Domain of Special Relativity.
Session E. Reinterpretation of Time Dilation" Experiments (Chair: Dr. John E. Chappell Jr.)
- Dr. Domina Eberle Spencer, Dr. Uma Y. Shama& Dr. Philip J. Mann, Analysis of the Hafele-Keating Experiment.
- Dr. Curtis E. Renshaw,"Time Dilation" Re-examined.
- Dr. Paul Marmet, The Non-Reality of Time Dilation.
- Dr. John E. Chappell Jr., Meson Lifetimes & Ives-Stilwell: Is There Even Any Clock Retardation?
Session F. Space, Aether, and Magnetism (Chair: Francisco J. M?ller)
- Dr. Edward M. Kelly, Space Structure Suggested by Behavior of a Charge Passing a Solenoid
- Hector Luis Bonilla, Is the Aether the Reason for the Existence of Magnetism?
- Steven Rado, Magnetism & the Ideal Gas Model of the Aether.
- Dr. Georg Galeczki & Dr. Peter Marquardt, The Turn of the Tide: Recent Newtonian Physics in Europe.
- Dr. Domina Eberle , The Gaussian Tradition in the 20th-Century U.S.
- Dr. John E. Chappell Jr., Dissident Physics in North America, Europe, Australia, and the U.S.S.R.
- Neil E. Munch, Recent Neo-Newtonianism in Russia; New Global Strategies.
- Francisco J. M?ller, Recent Dissident Physics in Latin America.